Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Free Reversible Hostess Apron Pattern

Pin It Now!
I was asked to teach a sewing class at church, so I thought it would be fun for the ladies to make an apron. Aprons are great for all levels of sewing, plus it gives a beginner sewer the opportunity to venture into ruffles, pockets and pleats in a non-intimidating way.

I created the apron pattern below for your enjoyment. Please forgive me for the lack of detail, but for the purpose of my class, I tried squeezing all the instructions onto one page. I do not mind if you use this pattern for personal use, or even to sew and sell the aprons. However, please do not sell the actual pattern for profit... it is for everyone to enjoy free of charge.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Materials List:- ½ yard each of two coordinating Cotton Fabrics (It is recommended that you wash and iron your fabric prior to sewing)- ½ yard solid cotton fabric or muslin
- Matching thread
- OPTIONAL: Any trims, ribbons or buttons you would like to use to customize your apron
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice pictures and blog!

Linda said...

The apron is so cute! Do you really think that I could sew one? I'd live to spend a day with you and watch you at the machine! Love ya!

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Love it. Very nice pattern. Do you have some sort of software? You never stop amazing me. You really should go for Project Runway.

KathiNiels said...

Too cute! You never cease to amaze me.

A.Kilarski said...

Can you tell me a little more detail as to how I close the ties after sewing onto waist?

Jodell said...

@ A.Kilarski - It's similar to adding bias tape to a edge (or binding to a quilt). After attaching one side of the tie/waistband to the apron, fold over and meet up all the edges. Pin in place so they line up nicely. Then top stitch along the pinned/open edges... start with one tie end and sew straight across, over the apron, all the way to the opposite tie end. Hope this helps. It may also be helpful to google "how to attach bias tape" :)

Second Chance Tan said...

ooooo I just made one of these - thanks for a great tutorial - love it.... might make another one tomorrow! xx