Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cooking like a cutie

Pin It Now! Here is a gift that is sure to please the bride-to-be. It's a fabulously feminine and chic apron with matching potholders. This particular set is intended as a bridal shower gift that I'll be attending tonight. I love how cute it turned out with its dainty ruffles and bow, and desperately want to make one for myself to keep. As most of you crafters already know, it is a rarity to find time to actually sew something for yourself. I've been meaning to sew myself an apron for well over a year, but have always had other pressing projects to finish. One of my new year's resolutions is to save as many of my shirts from grease stains as possible by FINALLY treating myself to an apron that makes me giddy every time I put it on to cook. My own apron will be patterned after this one (which I didn't use a pattern to make), so I better hurry up and make mine before I forget how I put this one together :)

I also made some darling recipe cards to top off this gift. They fold into standard 3 x 5 inch recipe cards. I've included a pdf file for your enjoyment. The below link will send you to scribd.com so you can download it for free. (Designs and graphics created by me) When you print, be sure to print it with no scaling so it maintains its 5 x 6 inch dimensions. Happy cooking!

Mod Poppy Recipe CD

5 comments:

Kathi said...

Jodi, you are the most creative person I know. I wish you were here to help me with being creative for New Beginnings.

Cute, cute, cute. Who is the cutie getting married?

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Really I don't even get the whole computer thing. I still can't even figure out the banner thing for etsy yet. Way to go on the cards. I may just print some out for myself. P.S. I love everthing else too.

Linda said...

You never cease to amaze me! I love that apron! I'm so jealous of the bride-to-be! I hope you'll make yourself one, you deserve it! I can't wait to make me some recipe cards.

Anonymous said...

Having a cute apron to wear makes cooking dinner a little less mundane, huh. I just bought a cute apron at a boutique last summer, I wish I could make something like yours, but ha! No.

Thanks for giving me the tatting link to etsy. I loved her orange scarf. She's a little gothic! Maybe I'll try one of the masks too, if I can figure out how to to it.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this apron! What a fabulous bridal shower gift!